1) An extra hour of sleep in the morning!
2) Cuddling up with your favorite book!
3) Having a clean house and no laundry to fold!
4) Your spouse cooking dinner!
5) Dancing to music with your son!
6) Opening your favorite box of candy!
7) A new outfit that makes you feel fabulous!
8) Exploring a new hiking trail!
9) Cuddling with a sleeping baby!
10) Going to the library and checking out a new book!
11) Movie theatre popcorn with extra butter!
12) Finding a great deal at the store!
13) Watching your child learn something new!
14) Being called momma!
15) A hug from your spouse!
16) Sitting outside by the fire for hours!
17) Hearing the words “I love you,” and knowing they mean it!
18) Homemade chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk!
19) Looking at art for hours!
20) Walking through a garden and smelling all the flowers!
21) Visiting your favorite museum!
22) Cuddling and playing with your dog!
23) Crawling into bed after a long and busy day!
24) Baby giggles!
25) Spending time reminiscing with family!
While laying in bed the other night trying to fall asleep, I was plagued by some negative emotions. I decided that instead of focusing on the negativity of life, I needed to make a list of what happiness meant to me. This list is just a few things that make me smile and love the life God gave me. I am truly lucky to wake up everyday to a new start and have a loving family who surrounds me. Sometimes I think we need a reminder of what happiness is. It can be as small as finding a quarter on the ground or as big as falling in love. With all the negativity and sadness in the world, we all need to take a moment and recognize what happiness is to us! Remember to start everyday with a smile!
Blessings and love,