How is it possible that my baby boy is a one year old already? It has been 365 days of cuddles, kisses, watching him grow and falling more in love with him each day. This little boy has stolen my heart and I could not have asked God for a better blessing. This past year has been a year of many firsts. Nathan and I have watched our son learn to crawl, walk and talk. I don’t think I ever realized what true love really was, until I held my baby boy in my arms for the first time. Every day I watch our son grow into this wonderful little man. He has such an amazing personality. Aidan loves to laugh and make others giggle. He is a very social young man and is very inquisitive. Each day, I learn something new about my baby boy. In honor of his first birthday, I thought I would share 12 things I have learned about Aidan over the past year!
1) Since he was a newborn I have learned that my son loves to eat. More than most children. He will eat anything you put in front of him, except watermelon. He will spit it out and hand it back to you. This child is not picky at all and he loves loves loves chicken!
2) Aidan loves to share his toys and pacifier. He will even try and put his pacifier in my mouth. He has made it into a game of putting the outside part in my mouth and yanking it back out and sticking it in his.
3) If he starts getting fussy, all we have to do is play videos of the chipmunks singing of sing the theme song to Remember the Titans. Usually, this will calm him down. It has been a life saver in the car on long road trips!
4) Aidan loves to close doors. To the point of shutting mommy in the closet when she is hanging up clothes.
5) He is obsessed with bathrooms. Anytime the bathroom door is open, he will make his way in there in hopes that it is bath time. Also, he has discovered that the toilet seat can be lifted. Apparently hairbrushes and pacifiers are meant to be stored in the toilet.
6) I have never seen someone get so excited as Aidan does, when you ask him if he wants to call GiGi and Papa or MiMi and Grandpa. He sure does love all of his grandparents.
7) Our son is so inquisitive and very smart. (I know all parents say this) He loves to figure out how things works and has met all his milestones months ahead of time.
8) Aidan loves to be scared. He laughs hysterically anytime you sneak up on him and yell boo. He also loves to play peekaboo, especially with our dog Storm.
9) While he does not watch a lot of Tv, he enjoys the shows Arthur and The Cat and the Hat. He usually will watch the theme song and then go off and start playing with his toys.
10) Taking after mommy, Aidan is extremely ticklish. His most ticklish spots are when you kiss his neck, tickle his ribs and toes.
11) Aidan loves to be outside. He could spend all day playing in the grass and dirt. He gets upset when it is time to go inside, unless it is bathtime!
12) Aidan Quinn is a complete daddy’s boy! Everything daddy does is extremely funny. If mommy tries to do it, we give her an unamused look. Daddy is usually the one who can get him back to sleep in the middle of the night. The bond between these two is so strong and absolutely beautiful!
While this past year has flown by, it has been the greatest year of my life. Nathan and I were given such a sweet and loving little boy. Watching him grow physically, socially and emotionally this past year has been such a blessing. I pray that time slows down and my baby boy stops growing up so fast. While I know that isn’t possible, I plan on cherishing this past year and all the years to come. I cannot wait to see who my baby boy grows up to be! This past weekend we celebrated our sweet boy with all those who have made an impact on him. We had such a blast watching him open presents and eat cake. Nathan and I want to thank our families for all the support and advice they have given to us over this past year as we learned the ropes of parenthood.
Most importantly, thank you for loving this little man and always being there for him!
Happy First Birthday Aidan Quinn!!! Mommy and daddy love you to the moon and back!